This hearty dish is made with chicken-flavored TVP which is a textured soybean product. I used one from Honeyville Farms. It was delicious in this recipe!
- 1 c chicken flavored TVP bits
- 2/3 c hot chicken-style vegetarian broth
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1 c celery, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 c ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 c parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c water
- In a small bowl, mix together the TVP, broth, and poultry seasoning.
- Allow to stand 15 minutes, stirring midway.
- In a medium, heavy pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add onion and celery: sauté 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot as is, or over pasta.