- 2-3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1-12 oz block of extra firm tofu, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 5 stalks celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut in medium wedges
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil on medium high.
- Saute the tofu until lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove to a large bowl. In the remaining oil, stir fry the celery onions and mushrooms until cooked but it still retains its color.
- Place in the bowl with the tofu.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and sauté a minute.
- Add to the bowl of stir fries and sprinkle on the soy sauce; mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice.