This is a quick and easy recipe. I used my Oatmeal Meatballs in this recipe, but store bought or any other vegetarian meatballs would be good.
Makes about 2 quarts.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c white rice, uncooked
- 8-12 small vegetarian meatballs, precooked
- 1 (15 oz) can mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, stir the tomatoes, broth, olive oil and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, bring back to boil, and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs and vegetables with their packing liquid. Bring back to simmering and cook uncovered 3 minutes, or until the meatballs are heated through.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve hot.