So easy to make, and so yummy! This cranberry sauce may be served as part of a holiday meal, or anytime. It makes a good “jam” on toast as well.
Makes about 2 cups of sauce.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 c orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- dash red pepper flakes
- dash sea salt
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- Wash cranberries well, drain, and remove any stems.
- Combine all ingredients except orange extract in a sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Cook over high heat until it boils. (You may hear cranberries pop as they break down.) Reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 minutes more, stirring frequently, until berries are all popped and the liquid has thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange extract. Cool completely in the refrigerator before serving.