This tasty peanut sauce will be great on veggie burgers, as a dipping sauce for carrot and celery sticks, or for many other dishes. It is especially delicious on this flavorful roasted asparagus dish.
Makes about one-third cup sauce and enough asparagus for 3-4 servings.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 small clove garlic
- dash red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim tough ends from asparagus. Cut remainder into 2-inch lengths.
- Place the asparagus on a large baking sheet. Add olive oil and toss to coat all. Spread out in a single layer.
- Roast 15 minutes, turning over mid-way. Meanwhile proceed to make the peanut sauce.
- Peanut Sauce: In a small bowl, blend together the peanut butter and tahini. Add vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, water, garlic and chili flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Place roasted asparagus on a platter. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve with peanut sauce.