This Greek Yogurt and Cucumber sauce can be made with garden cucumber, English varieties, or best, with Persian cucumbers. It goes beautifully with Easy Whole Wheat Pita, on Homemade Falafel, on sandwiches, salads or as a topping for baked potatoes.
Makes about 3 cups.
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt (or use strained plain yogurt or light sour cream)
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh or reconstituted
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill or mint (or use 1 tsp of dry dill or mint)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving so flavors will blend. This will keep for a few days or more in the refrigerator but you need to stir it before use.