Here is a delicious, inexpensive recipe for a picnic or potluck supper. This old-fashioned Three Bean Corn Salad should be perfect in either case.
- 1 1/2 c frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 c cooked white beans (navy, cannellini, or Great Northern beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c cooked or canned black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Drop the green beans into the water. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Lower heat and simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Remove, drain well, and cool.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart covered casserole dish, combine the cooled green beans, navy beans, black beans, corn, green pepper, red onions and parsley.
- Add the vinegar mixture and toss well.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours before serving.
- Toss again before serving.