This is a light and very flavorful dressing that works especially well on mixed spring greens. One of my favorites!
Makes about 1/2 cup.
- 1 head garlic
- 1/4 olive oil (divided use)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cut the pointy top off of the head of garlic. Place on a sheet of tin foil. Brush top with 2 tsp of the olive oil and wrap tightly in the foil.
- Roast garlic in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes, until it is starting to turn golden brown and soft. Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Peel skin off garlic. Mash garlic pulp with a fork until it forms a smooth paste.
- Place the garlic paste, the remaining olive oil, and all other ingredients in a small bowl or bottle. Whisk or shake until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Keeps about 2-3 days in refrigerator.)
- Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. Serve over green salads.