One of our followers suggested this lovely summer salad, suitable for Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day picnics. If you have a favorite Terkettes recipe, please send it in. We are doing a new Terkettes recipe every week as part of our Terkettes challenge. Starting this coming Tuesday we will be moving our Terkettes Challenge to Tuesdays.
- 1 small red apple, finely chopped
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 c celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 c red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c parsley, minced
- 2 c Terkettes, well-drained and finely chopped (or substitute seitan)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
- lettuce leaves, parsley sprigs and lemon slices for garnish
- 2/3 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped apple in the lemon juice to retain color.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together in another small bowl.
- To a large bowl, add the drained apples, celery, onion, parsley, Terkettes, cranberries and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour in the dressing and blend well.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves and garnish with lemon and parsley.