Persian cucumbers used to be hard to find in American supermarkets, but now they are available and generally unwaxed, crisp and delicious. Here is a lovely way to use them.
- 5 Persian cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 tsp dry dill
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, dill, celery, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour over salad and toss well. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to several hours before service.