I like to serve this dish with my Do-Ahead Cheese Enchiladas for an easy vegetarian dinner to serve for company. Delicious!
- 1 c converted rice (This is par-boiled rice.)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 large fresh carrots, peeled, finely diced
- 1 ear corn kernels, stripped from cob (or 1 c frozen or canned, drained corn)
- 1-2 Anaheim chili peppers, roasted, cut in small strips
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 c vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- Mix all in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low: cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish and cool uncovered. Cover with foil.
- At this point, the dish may be refrigerated for up to 1-2 days.
- Before serving, bake covered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until hot. Serve immediately.