My son created this fantastic recipe and brought it to share for Christmas dinner. The tastes are amazing!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 oz goat cheese with herbs (divided use)
- 1/3 c pecans, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place clean, dry sweet potatoes on a baking tray. Prick them with a fork. Bake 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and cool 20 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil on medium low. Add shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the cooled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh into a bowl, leaving an 1/8-inch thick shell on each.
- Mash the sweet potatoes in the bowl.
- Fold in 3 ounces of the herb goat cheese, reserving the remaining ounce.
- Stuff the filling evenly into the 8 potato shells and sprinkle the shallot mixture and the reserved goat cheese on top.
- Place the sweet potato halves side by side in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Scatter the pecans evenly over the sweet potatoes and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh rosemary. Serve hot or warm.