Stamped dog cookies are easy to make. You can use any stamp you have, or you can be creative and find something in your kitchen that would make an interesting pattern. I found that one of my cookie press discs made a lovely “sand dollar” design!
Makes about 115 medium cookies.
- 1 c applesauce or pureed canned (drained) pears
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 1/2 c rye flour
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- Line a full-sheet baking pan or 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend the applesauce and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Add the flour and chia seeds. Stir until all the flour is absorbed. Knead 2 minutes.
- Pinch off small dollops of dough. Roll them in your palms to form half-inch balls.
- Place balls on the prepared baking pans and flatten them with your palm until they are about one-inch in diameter. (Cookies may be very close together, even touching.)
- Press stamp design into them. Bake 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave cookies in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan. When completely cool, transfer to a treat jar.