Our site mascot, Oogie-Boogie, and her cousins Eddie and Penuche recommend these little treats. They are the rewards they deserve and love!
Makes about 3 cups of little treats.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c cold water
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1 c quick oats
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1/4 c carob powder
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg lightly with a fork.
- Add oil, water, and peanut butter and blend.
- Grind oats in a spice mill, kitchen chopper, or food processor until fine.
- Add oats, cornmeal and carob powder to egg mixture and blend well. Knead in bowl briefly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Form dough into cherry sized balls, rolling between your palms. Place on un-greased baking sheet(s) fairly close together. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on rack. Place in bowl (Leave uncovered. The treats will gain a better texture when exposed to the air). Serve as a treat.