Easy and economical, your family will love this vegetarian dish!
- 8 oz dry rainbow rotini
- 3 Tbsp butter (divided use)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10-12 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- dash black pepper
- Cook rotini according to package directions for al dente. When done, drain, but reserve one cup of pasta cooking water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions; saute 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, peas, and the 2 tablespoons water; cook 2-4 minutes, or until peas are tender and heated through.
- Add the savory, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Add the rotini, the remaining tablespoon butter, and as much of the reserved pasta water as desired. Toss and serve hot.