I love to use this cheese in making vegan macaroni and cheese. It makes a creamy, wonderfully flavored version of the classic dish.
- 1/2 c raw cashews or raw sunflower seeds (unsalted).
- 1 1/2 c vegan milk
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lavender
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp agar agar
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- Have 1 or 2 heat-proof containers ready for molding the cheese. They should total 3 cups in volume.
- Place the nuts or seeds in a blender with the milk, lemon juice, lavender, and salt. Pulse and process until very smooth.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan with the agar agar and the tapioca flour. Whisk together.
- Cook over medium low, stirring constantly until thick. Continue to cook and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Quickly pour into the un-greased molds. Cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Use within a week on crackers, in sandwiches, or in casseroles.