I used Companion Mock Chicken (braised bean curd) in this recipe. This makes a very meaty main course that is easy to put together and very tasty.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch knob ginger root
- 1 (9.5 oz) can Companion Mock Chicken
- 2 tsp cornstarch or flour
- 1 (10-16 oz) pkg frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-4 c cooked rice or noodles
- Grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Drain the mock chicken, reserving broth. Pull the chicken into bite-sized segments. Set aside.
- To the reserved broth, add enough water to make 3/4 cup. Stir in the cornstarch until completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Before opening the package of frozen vegetables, run it under the hot water tap until partially defrosted.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat, warm oil. Add frozen vegetable mix. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add sesame oil, garlic and ginger, stir frying another 30 seconds.
- Give the broth/cornstarch mixture another stir; add it to wok, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Stir in soy sauce and sugar. Remove from heat and serve over noodles or rice.