Savory Tahini Sauce to go with them. Serve with potatoes and veggies.
Makes 8-9 small patties.
- 1 c cooked garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c dry Italian herb breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry savory
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mash garbanzos with a potato ricer until there are no large bits.
- Stir in the remaining patty ingredients, with the exception of the olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Using your hands, form the garbanzo mixture into 2-inch medium-thick patties.
- Fry the patties for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy brown and set up.
- Drain briefly on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Savory Tahini Sauce or Tartar Sauce.