These vegetarian burgers will be flavorful enough to serve as a main course with baked potatoes and gravy. You can also serve them in buns with all the trimmings.
Makes 6 burgers.
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms minced (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 c rolled oats, raw
- 3/4 c walnut meal
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp grapeseed or olive oil
- In a medium bowl, blend the mushrooms, oats, walnut meal, eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, warm the oil and drop the refrigerated mixture by half-cups in the hot oil. (You will need to do this in two batches.)
- Shape with a spoon to form a rounded thick burger.
- Cook 4 minutes or until brown on the bottoms, flip, and cook another 4 minutes.
- Serve with mushroom gravy or the sauce of your choice.