If your family loves the MorningStar Farms Original Breakfast Patties, here is the recipe for you. Make a double batch and freeze some for later. Reheat the frozen patties by frying them in a little oil and turning them frequently, until hot inside and crispy on the outside.
Makes 6 medium breakfast patties.
- 1 c TSP (textured soy protein)
- 1/2 c hot water
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 c instant potato flakes (potato buds)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp gluten flour (vital wheat gluten)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2-3/4 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the TSP, hot water and vegetable oil. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until slightly frothy. Add to TSP mixture. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Blend the remaining ingredients and add them to the TSP mixture. Blend well.
- Use an oiled 2.5-inch patty press to form (6) 1/4 cup patties or form them with your hands.
- Preheat griddle or fry pan to medium high or 400 degrees F. and oil lightly. Grill the patties for a total of about 10 minutes, flipping over every 2 minutes until cooked through and well browned. Serve hot.