I was looking for a nice tight burger consistency, so I could try out my new burger press. This worked very well as long as I oiled the press. The combination of this meaty burger with the creamy Yukon Gold potatoes is a winner.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 c minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 c chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c toasted bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Scrub and cut unpeeled potatoes into one inch chunks.
- Place in a medium saucepan with a tight lid.
- Sprinkle in the salt and bring to a simmer over medium high; turn heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain and add in the cilantro and margarine.
- Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor and process until well-incorporated but not completely smooth.
- Form into burgers (7-8) with oiled hands, or oil a burger press and make molded burgers.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium low, heat the olive oil and fry the burgers undisturbed for about 5 minutes.
- Turn once and fry another 3 minutes.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing or tartar sauce.