Vegetarians can now enjoy the taste of tuna with Loma LindaFishless Tuna. This recipe comes together quickly and makes a great week night meal.
Serves 4. Preparation: 7 minutes. Cooking: 10 minutes. Total time: 17 minutes.
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma LindaFishless Tuna with broth
- 1 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (6 oz) bottle marinated artichokes
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry dill or parsley flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring the Fishless Tuna with its broth and the frozen mixed vegetables to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain the marinated artichokes and add to the pot, along with the sour cream, lemon juice and dill. Bring back to a simmer.
- In small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add to pot and stir constantly until slightly thickened and hot.
- Remove from heat. Pour creamed mixture over cooked rice or noodles and garnish with dill and/or sliced lemons.
* Recently, I received samples of products from Atlantic Natural Foods, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have used them in this recipe.