Cedar Lake makes many fine vegetarian and vegan products, including Quik Burger, which is used in this recipe to make Italian Meatballs. These meatballs hold together very well, even when simmered a long time in red sauce.
Makes 30 meatballs.
- 1-19 oz can Cedar Lake Quik Burger
- 1/2 c dry bread crumbs or breading meal
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, carefully blend together the Quik Burger, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, onion, garlic, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and eggs.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Form 1-inch balls with half of the Quik Burger blend and fry them about 1-2 minutes or until brown, roll over part way, and brown another surface. Continue until all surfaces are brown.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and do a second batch the same way.
- Add these meatballs to a large pot of your favorite pasta sauce and simmer until warmed throughout.
- Serve with pasta, on a French roll, or as a main course with potatoes and veggies.