For a vegetarian meatloaf that holds together nicely and pairs well with potatoes and veggies, try this easy, pecan loaf!
Makes one 9″ loaf.
- 2 c finely chopped pecans
- 2 c small curd cottage cheese
- 2 c whole grain cracker meal
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 1 c minced onion
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Oil the parchment paper well.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Use clean hands to blend thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan and bake 45 minutes, or until browned and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert loaf on a tray. Remove parchment and invert again onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with brown gravy, potatoes and vegetables.