- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 c cooked dry green whole peas
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1 c vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- In a large skillet over low heat, warm the oil.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, red bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, Creole seasoning, savory and broth. Cook and medium low for about 20 minutes, stirring often and mashing up peas with the back of your spoon.
- Serve hot over rice or pasta.