These whole grain muffins are light as air and sweet-tasting. They make a good lunchbox treat, snack or dessert.
Makes 12 medium muffins.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c shredded zucchini
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 12-muffin cup baking tin.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat together the eggs, zucchini, pineapple, oil, and vanilla until well-incorporated.
- In a separate container, blend the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture and blend well.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling 7/8 full. Bake about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.