A neighbor brought over some zucchini from his garden, and I wanted to do something a bit different this morning. (cont.)
Makes 8 medium muffins.
We had done a Zucchini Chocolate Bread a while back that was fabulous, but we had no German chocolate bars this morning, only cocoa powder. The recipe below was the successful result of our culinary exploration! Enjoy!
- 1 c shredded zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin for 8 half-cup muffins.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, milk, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Beat by hand until well blended.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into the bowl and add the sugar. Stir until combined.
- Fill muffin cups to within 1/4 inch of the rim and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes, before loosening edges and cooling on a rack.