If you like dark chocolate and crave something sweet, here is an easy recipe that has no artificial ingredients or white sugar!
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 c raisins
- Line a large baking sheet or tray with waxed paper or parchment. (If your freezer is narrow, use 2 smaller trays…ones that fit in your freezer.)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup and cocoa powder and heat well, stirring just until the cocoa is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in raisins until fully coated.
- Pour the raisins onto the prepared baking sheet and separate with a spoon or fork until they are all in one layer.
- Place tray in freezer for at least 15-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove raisins and break into separate bits. Serve immediately, as this candy will melt if left out too long. Store unused candy in freezer in a tightly sealed container.