These cookies are loaded with grains, fruits and seeds, yet not too rich or sweet! For the muesli, use my recipe for Homemade Muesli or use a good brand such as Bob’s Red Mill.
Makes about 32 medium cookies.
- 1/4 c soft butter
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c buttermilk
- 1 c soft whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 c muesli
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter 2 cookie sheets.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, place the butter and brown sugar. Beat on low for 3 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add egg and buttermilk; beat another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add these to the stand mixer bowl gradually, and beat until incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add the muesli, folding it in with a heavy spoon.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons on the baking sheet an inch apart or more.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm, but not too dark on bottoms. Cool in pan. Transfer to tray or cookie jar.