Want a quick dessert that is not too sweet and perfect for a lovely vegetarian meal? This cake will be just the thing!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 c baking apples, peeled, cored, 1/4-inch chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Add oil and beat until creamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. The batter will be thick, almost like cookie dough.
- Fold in the apples. Spread batter in a thin, even layer in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a rack.