No eggs are required for these easy-to-make cookies. You will love their texture!
Makes about 20 medium cookies.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3/4 c plus 2 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a full sized baking sheet (or 2 half sheets) with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the vinegar, almond extract, and lemon extract.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and baking soda. Add them to the creamed sugar mixture and beat well.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll them into balls and flatten them to 1/4 inch thickness. Place them on the prepared baking sheet(s) one inch apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Cool in pan 2 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.