Use store-bought veggie baloney or better yet, try our recipe for homemade bologna. Either way, this easy recipe makes a savory and hearty meal.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 c vegetarian baloney, cubed or chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1-10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/2 tsp summer savory or sage
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, melt the butter and fry the baloney and onions until lightly browned.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place baloney mixture, potatoes, carrots, and peas in an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, mix condensed soup, milk, and summer savory. Bring to boil; stir in cheese and remove from heat. Pour evenly over the casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender. Garnish with parsley, cilantro or sliced green onions if desired. Serve hot.