This is a very tasty, creamy casserole that is great with mashed or baked potatoes!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 c celery, cut in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1/4 c pimiento stuffed green olives, drained and chopped*
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 c crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- In a medium sized saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add celery and stir well. Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring once mid-way.
- Stir in the condensed soup, yogurt, olives, 1/4 tsp oregano, and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a one-quart casserole dish. Set aside.
Topping and Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt the tablespoon of butter. Add cracker crumbs.
- Stir until the crumbs are coated well.
- Add oregano and stir again. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes. Serve hot with potatoes.
*You may use “salad olives” in place of the pimiento stuffed olives.