You will enjoy this simple breakfast, especially with our Easy Homemade Flour Tortillas!
Makes 4 large burritos.
- 2 c (or 1-15 oz can) drained pinto beans, reserving liquid
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1-15 oz pkg extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the beans in a couple tablespoons of the reserved bean liquid (or water).
- Warm the tortillas by heating them in a large skillet, removing to a holding plate, and covering tightly.
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl, breaking into pieces that resemble scrambled eggs.
- To the crumbled tofu, add nutritional yeast, turmeric, mustard powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Blend well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the flavored tofu in the oil until it’s heated through and brightens in color.
- Spoon a half-cup of beans on each tortilla, followed by one-fourth of the tofu scramble. Serve hot with salsa, cilantro, and/or cheese.