We’ve named this eggless tea loaf “Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread” because it tastes a lot like the festive pumpkin lattes at Starbucks. Moist and light, this is a treat at breakfast, tea time, or for dessert.
Makes a large 2 pound loaf.
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mace
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 c raw sugar (or white sugar)
- 2 tsp instant coffee or finely ground coffee beans
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin puree, freshly made or canned
- 1 1/2 c soy milk or dairy milk
- 4 Tbsp melted margarine, melted butter, or vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 10 inch, large loaf pan with shortening, cooking spray,or butter.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, mace, ginger and salt. Add the raw sugar and coffee. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend the pumpkin puree, soy milk and melted margarine until well incorporated.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix only until no dry ingredients appear.
- Spoon this thick batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 60-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing and serving.