This non-sweet corn biscuit bread is light and fluffy, and easy to make. It goes well with a plate of homemade refried beans.
- 2 c baking and biscuit mix (such as Bisquick brand)
- 1 c self-rising corn meal mix (such as Aunt Jemima’s)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 c canned corn, drained
- Grease a 10 x 6 x 2 inch biscuit pan or a 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend the biscuit mix, corn meal mix, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and sour cream.
- Blend in the corn.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and blend just until fully incorporated.
- Spoon it into the prepared baking dish and bake 50 minutes, or until golden brown and firm when pressed lightly on top.
- Serve warm.