These high protein crackers are only about 38 calories each, yet they are satisfying for in-between meal snacks. Very crunchy and flavorful, they are perfect with hummus, cheese or dips.
Makes about 32 medium crackers.
- 1/2 c raw sesame seeds
- 1 3/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 sprigs fresh rosemary, de-stemmed and minced
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and evenly butter a large baking sheet (15″ x 14″ or similar).
- Working in 2 batches, grind the sesame seeds and oats in a spice mill until fine and place them in a large bowl. Add the baking powder, salt, minced rosemary and black pepper. Blend well.
- Fold in yogurt until it forms a uniform batter. Spread batter evenly on the buttered baking sheet, patting with fingertips, until the entire sheet is covered; bake 15 minutes.
- Remove tray and cut the dough into 32 even crackers by dividing it in 4 width-wise and then in 8 lengthwise. Replace in oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Flip all crackers over and bake another 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack.