The wheat germ and cheese in these crackers make them high in protein. These are crackers with no additives or artificial ingredients, and your family will love them!
Makes about 2 dozen crackers.
- 2/3 c regular or raw wheat germ
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp herbes de provence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 c softened butter
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, blend all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Use clean hand to knead the dough a few times, until well-mixed.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle the top with a little bit of flour and use a rolling pin to roll the dough 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut round crackers, using a 2 1/4 inch biscuit cutter. Re-roll scraps of dough until all the dough is cut. Transfer the crackers to (2) ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake each sheet of crackers separately in the center of the oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer baked crackers to a cooling rack immediately and cool completely before serving.