Spanish Tofu and Peas
This is an easy pantry meal that is so economical, and will be enjoyed by the whole family.
- 1-2 c rice, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c roasted red peppers, chopped (bottled or canned)
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can peas, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add tofu and onions; saute 4 minutes.
- Add roasted red pepper, celery, peas, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve skillet mixture hot, over beds of rice.