Stovetop Orange Beets
- 1 bunch beets with tops (3 medium)
- 1/4 c water
- zest of 2 orange
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Remove tops from beets and chop. Place in a bowl.
- Peel beet roots. Slice 1/4 inch thick. Add to bowl of beet tops.
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix the water, orange zest, salt and olive oil.
- Add beets and tops. Stir and bring to simmer.
- Reduce temperature to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until beets are tender but not mushy.
- In a cup, mix orange juice, brown sugar and cornstarch until dissolved. Add to pot and stir until thickened. Serve hot.