Asian Cole Slaw
This salad is best served with a vegetarian dinner of stir fries or tempura vegetables. It brings a crisp, fresh flavor to the table.
- 3 c shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp shredded ginger root
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds or 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- Place the cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, peanut butter, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger root. Whisk until smooth.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well. Serve on salad plates with a sprinkling of sessame seeds or peanuts.