Apple-Carrot-Jelled-SaladThere are several vegetarian "Jello" products available today. My favorite is the Jeannie Prebiotics Gelatin Free Jelly Dessert. Here is a nice little salad for a hot day:
- 1-3.6 oz box apple flavored Jeannie Jelly Dessert
- 1 medium apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 c pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Follow directions on box to make the apple jelly dessert.
- Lightly oil a 6-cup gelatin mold.
- Place apple slices, carrots, celery and pecans in the mold in an even pattern.
- Pour the jelled liquid evenly over the fruits and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for about 3-4 hours.
- Loosen edges of mold and place bottom in a tray of hot water for 30 seconds. Turn out on a platter, tapping the bottom to release it.
- Serve chilled with whipped topping or dairy sour cream.