Crunchy Dog TreatsThese crunchy treats are great for your dog's dental health. They are wheat free and high in protein. Keep them on hand for occasional rewards.
Makes about 4 dozen small treats.
- 2 Tbsp "Bacos" (bacon-flavored soy bits) (optional)
- 1 c soy flour
- 1/2 c rice flour
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/3 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c nonfat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grind "Bacos" in spice mill until powdery.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. When blended, knead in bowl for one or two minutes. Allow to stand 15 minutes.
- Roll or pat dough out until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Cut out small (1 inch) bone shapes or simple rectangles. Place half on each or two large un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 40 minutes. Midway during baking time, remove baking sheets from oven and turn the treats over with a spatula. Place back in oven, exchanging rack positions of baking sheets (higher to lower, etc).
- Cool completely on paper toweling to remove excess oil. Place the amount to be used within a week in an uncovered bowl at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate any extras until needed.