Baked Beans ala TerkettesSo easy and so yummy! This dish is great hot, and good cold as a picnic dish as well. Terkettes add a similar dimension as ham or pork often do to baked beans, yet they are completely fat free.
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1-15oz can vegetarian baked beans
- 10 oz Terkettes with their broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 c canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Leaving the individual cloves of garlic in their peel, place them on a small baking tray and roast them for about 20 minutes, turning once, or until they start to brown.
- Cool until you can handle them and squeeze them onto a 9.5 inch pie plate.
- Add the beans, Terkettes, onion, pineapple, molasses, paprika, and pepper. Stir to blend well.
- Dot liberally with butter and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with crusty rolls.