These bites make, not only a great party food, but they may serve as a vegetarian main course with a baked potato on the side. Very delicious!
Makes about 24 bites.
- 2 c thinly sliced zucchini (unpeeled)*
- 3/4 c baking mix
- 1/3 c minced onion
- 1/3 grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp dry parsley
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/3 c plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare muffin trays for non-stick baking: 1.) If using silicone muffin trays, just butter them. 2.) For all other muffin trays, cut small circles from parchment paper to line the bottoms of the cups. Place them in and butter them. Butter the sides of the muffin cups as well.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, just until incorporated. Drop about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter in the very bottom of each muffin well, bringing the level to about 1/4-1/3 of the way up.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool in pan about 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove parchment, before placing on a platter.
- Repeat as needed until all batter s baked. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If zucchini is very thick, cut slices in half.