Sweetie Boo Crunch Cereal
This is one of the easiest recipes you will find for a crunchy, nutritious homemade cereal. Great with milk, equally great by the handful, this treat will be perfect for a game night, movie night, or even as a snack for your canine friends. Thanks to my son for developing and sharing this recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 - 2 hours | Difficulty: Easy
Makes about 8 cups.
- 2 c almonds finely chopped
- 2 c bran (wheat/oat)
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add just enough water to form a large dough-like ball.
- Break ball apart into chunks onto aluminum pans. (Other types of pans may overheat and burn the cereal.)
- Bake for about an hour, stirring midway. Leave in oven after finished cooking to cool and dry an hour or two for extra crunch.
- Serve with milk, over yogurt, or straight from the bowl.