Potato Baked Beans
For a different twist on an old favorite, Baked Beans, try the addition of potatoes. It makes a complete meal and is true comfort food.
- 3 small russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto, Great Northern, or cranberry beans, drained
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp prepared salad mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the peeled potatoes in 1/3 inch dice and place them in a large bowl.
- Add beans, water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart baking dish and dot with the butter.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through but still firm. Serve hot or warm.