Bulgur Zucchini Salad
This salad is so easy to put together, and may be made ahead of time. It can serve as a side salad for a dinner of soup and bread, or as a light main course for lunch when sprinkled with sunflower seeds or chopped nuts.
Makes about 6-8 cups.
- 4 c cooked medium bulgur wheat, chilled
- 4 small zucchinis, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided use)
- 1/2 head of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, if desired
- Place the bulgur and zucchinis in a large bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat, warm one tablespoon of the olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned and crunchy. Remove from heat and add to the bulgur/zucchini mixture.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the pepper, lemon juice, and salt if desired (I like it without salt.)
- Toss, cover, and chill until served. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.