Green Tomato and Bean Dinner
We are overloaded with green tomatoes from our garden this year. This is a tasty way we use some of them!
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1 c celery, chopped
- 1 c red cabbage, chopped
- 1 c green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern beans
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a 2-quart or larger heavy pot over medium heat, melt the margarine.
- Add onion, celery, cabbage and green tomato. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add beans with canning liquid, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 15 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot over steamed rice.