Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Olive Oil
This is my favorite way of preparing spaghetti squash. It makes a lovely, low calorie side dish to serve with any vegetarian entree.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3-4 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash squash and pierce it in a few places with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Place whole squash on a baking tray and cook 40 minutes, or until a knife goes into the squash fairly easily.
- Allow the squash to cool 15 minutes or until you can handle it safely.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds and strings.
- Scrape the squash "noodles" into a bowl, reserving the shell if using for serving purposes.
- Toss with oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve hot or warm.